The Bachelor’s Degrees in International Hospitality Management and International Restaurant Management, approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, train students to become future leaders and expert managers in the tourism, hospitality, and wine and beverage sectors. Ranked no. 1 in the Eduniversal France ranking since 2009.
Bac+4 Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Food Service Management approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research.*
*Official Bulletin n°31 on 24 August 2023
Qualification: State-approved Bac +4 Bachelor’s degree
Duration: 4 years full-time (240 ECTS)
Languages: French/English or English
Entry requirements: French Baccalaureate or equivalent qualifications
Start date: September
Attendance: full-time. Combination of theory and practical lessons alongside hands-on professional experience
We live in a world of transitions, accelerated by continuous technological and societal developments. Evolving customer expectations and increasing digitalisation make the hospitality and restaurant sectors strategic areas, with infinite prospects for regeneration.
Our state-approved 4-year programme of excellence enables you to develop all the managerial and operational skills, as well as the know-how and soft skills needed to enter the global hospitality sector, and will prepare you for a career with rapid and international progression.
With a flair for building relationships, curiosity and natural people skills, you want to bring a different perspective on international management to the hospitality, restaurant, and wine and beverage sectors, innovating and creating unique customer experiences. You will become an agile, expert professional in the hospitality, accommodation and service professions, capable of managing a company in the hospitality industry, a luxury hotel or complex, holding a management role in a large group, launching your own restaurant, taking one over in France or around the world, or managing a winery or wine tourism venture.
4 YEARS TO BUILD YOUR FUTURE
Our programme offers a two-year common core to discover the intricacies and learn the fundamentals of the hospitality, restaurant, and wine and beverage industries and define your career plan. You will then choose a major in the hospitality, restaurant, or wine and beverage fields, before embarking on a 4th year specialisation, which will allow you to develop targeted expertise that is in demand with businesses.
LEARNING BY DOING
Resolutely experiential, our educational approach builds a constant connection between theory and practice. Real-life work experience in our training hotels and restaurants (including a 5-star hotel and a Michelin-starred restaurant) allows you to transfer and apply the knowledge you have acquired to concrete situations. Placements in each year of your course allow you to get to grips with industry issues and know-how in the professional environment.
You will benefit from in-depth academic training, and develop your technical skills with renowned experts all over the world. Your training will also be interspersed with projects, carefully adapted to your career choices: team projects, business games, case studies, consulting projects, etc.
*Course details are provided for information only and are not exhaustive
- Introduction to the wines and vineyards of France
- Operations management applied to the hospitality and restaurant industry
- Hotel sales, catering, wine & beverage marketing
- Customer experience in hospitality, restaurants, wine & beverage
- Human resource management
- Accounting, management control and financial analysis applied to the hospitality, restaurants, and wine & beverage sectors
- Procurement and purchasing management
- Introduction to hospitality and restaurant law
- Market research methodology
- Global trends and challenges in the hotel, restaurant, and wine & beverage sectors
- Modern languages (Higher LV1 or LV2)
- Introduction to CSR
- Business game, creative projects: hotel design and pop-up restaurant
- Professional experience in our applied learning environments
2 Placements in France or abroad
A major to gain an in-depth understanding of the main segments and features of the hotel industry.
- Hospitality strategy
- Performance management and development
- Revenue management
- Diversity management
- Sustainable hospitality
- Responsible management
Semester of international mobility – academic exchange or placement abroad
A major to gain an in-depth understanding of the main issues involved in managing a restaurant business.
- Responsible purchasing and catering
- Operational management and risk management
- Diversity management
- Experiential marketing
- Concept innovation and design thinking
- Leadership & empowerment
Semester of international mobility
A major that allows you to develop your product culture and support hotels, restaurants and estates in the development of their operations.
You will have the opportunity to sample and study or visit more than 17 French vineyards and 40 international vineyards.
- Strategic wine & beverage marketing
- Food and wine pairings
- Mixology (cocktails), coffeology, the art of tea
- Product knowledge: tasting techniques, global geoviticulture
- Commercial and legal aspects of the wine sector
- International beverage strategies
- Sustainability and responsibility applied to wine & beverage
- Semester of international mobility
Placement in France or abroad
- Uncover your potential and develop your skills alongside the best: a multidisciplinary team of 235 professionals and teachers, recognised leaders in their fields, including an MOF sommelier (best sommelier in France, Master of Port, Ultimate Saké), the French Mixology Champion, and renowned restaurant and hotel managers. The faculty includes 30 experts in the hospitality and food service sector and a community of educators in management sciences, 67% of whom hold a PhD.
- Choose excellence with a Bachelor’s degree ranked 1st by EDUNIVERSAL for the 13th consecutive year.
- Thanks to the combination of theory and practice, you will gain experience on a unique training ground covering all aspects of hospitality: a 5* training hotel (The Royal MGallery by Sofitel), the Maison d’Anthouard 4*, the Hôtel Mercure Lyon Centre Beaux Arts 4*, a hotel residence and 6 training restaurants, including a Michelin-starred restaurant, a multisensory room dedicated to the creation of pop-up restaurants, 2 bars, spaces dedicated to expert learning in wine, tea and coffee.
- Develop responsible leadership skills and integrate CSR tools into your management.
- Enhance your expertise thanks to the different courses offered and choose one of the 6 specialisations in the 4th year.
- Open your mind to the world, thanks to the multicultural student body on campus and a mobility semester with our partner universities.
- Develop your self-confidence and consolidate your professional path thanks to personalised career support from a team of coaches.
Your future will AMAZE you
VARIED PROFESSIONAL PROSPECTS AND INSPIRING CAREERS
- Hotel Manager/Director
- Guest Relations Manager
- Quality Manager
- Revenue manager
- Business Development Manager
- Multi-site restaurant manager
- Food & beverage manager
- Digital food manager
- Food import/export manager
AS WELL AS…
- Director of Operations
- Resort Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Operations Manager
- Meetings & Events Manager
- Sustainable Development Manager
- Customer relations manager
- Head of partnerships and events
EXPLORE OUR PROFESSIONS THANKS TO A DISCOVERY PLACEMENT
Are you drawn to the tourism and hospitality sector? Are you wondering about your orientation, studies and possible educational and career paths?
Institut Lyfe has joined forces with several major hotel groups in an innovative project open to high school students in France.
As part of a 5-day placement supported either by schools/high schools or by Chambers of Commerce and Industry, we offer an immersive experience during the school holidays, in a suitable workplace, assisted by committed professionals, for all students wishing to learn more about the tourism, hospitality and food service sectors.