The Bachelor in International Hospitality Management trains students to become future leaders and skilled managers in the hospitality, tourism, service and luxury sectors. Ranked no. 1 in the Eduniversal France classification for the 13th consecutive year.
Bac+4 Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Food Service Management approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research.*
**Official Bulletin n°31 on 24 August 2023
Qualification: State-approved Bac +4 Bachelor’s degree
Duration: 4 years full-time (240 ECTS)
Languages: French/English or English
Entry requirements: French Baccalaureate or equivalent qualifications
Start date: September
Attendance: full-time. Combination of theory and practical lessons alongside hands-on professional experience
We live in a rapidly changing world, accelerated by ongoing technological and societal developments. Our 4-year bachelor’s degree, with State certification, develops all the managerial and operational skills necessary to succeed in your career in the global hospitality and tourism sector.
With a love of meeting people and a natural human touch, you want to bring a different perspective to hospitality management, revolutionising the customer experience and the hospitality and service professions.
With our bachelor’s degree programme, you will become an experienced professional in the hospitality and tourism sector, agile and mobile, able to manage a business in the hospitality industry – from a 5-star hotel or resort in Paris to a luxury retreat or boutique hotel in Bali, take on a managerial role in a large group, or create your own guest accommodation establishment, in France or around the world.
The art of learning
Resolutely experiential, our training and educational approach is inspired by the philosophy of “learning by doing“, creating a permanent link between theory and practice (hands-on professional experience in our applied learning environments and on placements). Thanks to our Bachelor’s degree in International Hospitality Management, you will acquire a balanced combination of the knowledge and soft skills required in hospitality, tourism and service through our training hotels and restaurants, and management expertise.
During our bachelor’s programme, our students gradually adopt a responsible managerial and entrepreneurial attitude and develop all the soft skills and competencies necessary for rapid career development: team spirit, leadership, communication, analytical skills and decision-making.
*Given only as examples
- Management of hospitality operations and organisations
- Hospitality marketing
- Interpersonal communication
- Modern languages (Arabic, Chinese, German, English, Italian, Spanish)
- Hotel Challenge: creation of an innovative hotel concept in a group (from business plan to pitching the project)
- Hands-on professional experience in our applied learning environments
*Possible transfer at the end of the 1st year to the Bachelor in International Restaurant Management
4-month placement in France or abroad
- Hotel management and quality control
- Digital marketing and data analysis
- Accounting and financial management
- Human resources management
- Managerial communication
- Developing your leadership style: citizenship and solidarity
Hotel design and new trends: creative project
4-month work placement France or abroad and/or an international mobility at one of our partner schools
- Hospitality strategy
- Performance management and development
- Revenue management
- Diversity management
- Sustainable hospitality
- Responsible management
- Final-year business project
- Semester of international study
6-month placement France or abroad
Varied training paths: choose a specialisation focused on the specific needs of the hospitality industry.
- Luxury Hospitality Management
- Lifestyle Hospitality Management
- Revenue Strategies in Hospitality and Food Service
- International Wine & Beverage Management
- Strategic Meetings & Events Management
- Restaurant Business Management & Entrepreneurship
Each specialisation ends with a collective project assigned by a company.
- Uncover your potential and develop your skills alongside the best: a multidisciplinary team of 235 professionals and teachers, recognised leaders in their fields. The faculty includes 30 experts in the hospitality and food service sector and a community of educators in management sciences, 67% of whom hold a PhD.
- Choose excellence with a Bachelor’s degree ranked 1st by EDUNIVERSAL for the 13th consecutive year.
- Thanks to the combination of theory and practice, you will gain experience on a unique training ground covering all aspects of hospitality: a 5* training hotel (The Royal MGallery by Sofitel), the Maison d’Anthouard 4*, the Hôtel Mercure Lyon Centre Beaux Arts 4*, a hotel residence and 6 training restaurants, including a Michelin-starred restaurant
- Enhance your expertise thanks to the different courses offered and choose one of the 6 specialisations in the 4th year.
- Open your mind to the world, thanks to the multicultural student body on campus and a mobility semester with our partner universities.
- Develop your self-confidence and consolidate your professional path thanks to personalised career support from a team of coaches.
Your future will AMAZE you
VARIED PROFESSIONAL PROSPECTS AND INSPIRING CAREERS
- Hotel Manager/Director
- Guest Relations Manager
- Quality Manager
- Revenue manager
- Business Development Manager
AS WELL AS…
- Director of Operations
- Resort Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Operations Manager
- Meetings & Events Manager
- Sustainable Development Manager
EXPLORE OUR PROFESSIONS THANKS TO A DISCOVERY PLACEMENT
Are you drawn to the tourism and hospitality sector? Are you wondering about your orientation, studies and possible educational and career paths?
Institut Paul Bocuse has joined forces with several major hotel groups in an innovative project open to high school students in France.
As part of a 5-day placement supported either by schools/high schools or by Chambers of Commerce and Industry, we offer an immersive experience during the school holidays, in a suitable workplace, assisted by committed professionals, for all students wishing to learn more about the tourism, hospitality and food service sectors.